Addyson continues to amuse us with the little things she picks up on and repeats. Here are a few examples of what she's learned this week...
Usually, thanks to Nick Jr (and DVR), when Addy watches TV, she rarely watches commercials. However, at some point this week, she was watching a show on a different channel where they did, in fact, have commercials. She sat patiently while the commercials played, one after another, and finally, I guess she'd seen enough, because when the next one came on, she said "come on". Now, I have to admit, she has definitely learned this from me, as that is one of my token phrases I use to express my disappointment (like when a green light turns yellow at the last moment). But, I guess I should be impressed that she even used it in the correct context =)
Addyson likes to 'help' us give Carly baths, so we pull a step stool up so she can observe and play with the soap bottle and tickle Carly's toes. So we were giving Carly a bath earlier this week and during that process, Addyson climbs up on her step stool with her blanket draped around her neck like a cape and she says "super girl"!!! How adorable!!! I know she's played with her blanket this way before, but that is the first time we've heard super girl come from her...once again, in context.
When I am feeding Carly, Addy will many times climb up beside us with a couple of books to read. She is very careful when she turns pages to make sure she doesn't miss one. She was having trouble turning the pages in one of her board books the other day, so as I was watching her, she stuck her finger in her mouth and then turned the page of the book... Now mind you, she stuck a finger from her left hand in her mouth and turned the page with her right hand! I wasn't sure if she had done this intentionally, so I continued to watch her and sure enough, each time she turned the page, she stuck her (left) finger in her mouth and then turned a page in the book... I'm really not sure who she learned this from, but I could not believe she'd picked up on it!!! I started to laugh after a few times and then it became very intentional...
Okay...last thing (for now)! Yesterday, we were coming up the stairs in our house and as always, I followed Addy up the stairs. When she reached the top of the stairs, she went through the gate, turned around and closed it, closing me out. Playing along, I said, what is the password to get through the gate, and then I started guessing... I said, is it Carly? She said no... I said, is it mommy? She said "no, it's abres", which, I think (I'm no expert) is the Spanish word for open!!! Needless to say, I was very impressed. However, I cannot take the credit...I think we have Dora to thank for this!
No comments:
Post a Comment