Last night I was putting Addy to bed, and after we said our prayers, I asked her if she could tell me who some of her friends are. Usually, she names kids from her playgroup or school, but tonight, without hesitation, she said "Bobby". I had never heard that name from her before, so I replied curiously, "who's Bobby" and she said "boy". Well that didn't really clarify anything for me, so I asked her where she knew Bobby from and she said excitedly "the Cabin". So, there you go Papa, you are officially 'Bobby', right at the top of Addy's list of friends list!!! (For those of you who might not know, Jill's dad...Addy's granddad's name is Bobby.)
This morning, Addy was sulking about something minor (you know how two year olds can be) and Jeff replied to her (jokingly), "Oh Addy, you are such a drama queen". Her reply...without even thinking twice, "No daddy, not drama queen...little girl". Jeff and I just laughed and laughed. We tried it again with the video running and she said it again right on cue. I'll try and get the video uploaded soon.
Lastly, at school last week, she must have learned the story of the three little pigs (since that is what she recited all the way home). Well since then, she has been applying that concept to everything. She flips through books and at every page she will say, "Once upon a time, there were three little fill in the blank with what ever is on the page". In other words, Once upon a time, there were three little goats (she also know about the three billy goats gruff) or three little girls, or three little fishes, or three little princesses, and so on... It's very cute.
Additionally, she has stated taking an interest in her clothing, especially shoes, and I believe we are in for a ride. Mixed with her love for her "tattoo" as she likes to call it, she has come up with some very creative outfits. Here are a few pictures...
Here is Addy in her "tattoo" and her snow boots (which she loves).
Here Addy had been putting on ALL of her shoes until she got to these, when she apparently felt her outfit was complete...
Addy loves her princess backpack...
And her winter hat...
Here is Addy 'petting' Carly's head.
No comments:
Post a Comment