Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I know...I've got some catching up to do...again!  Do you sense a trend here?  I always use the excuse that we've just been so busy.  This time is no exception.  We've had a crazy busy and fun summer.  Addy finished up her gymnastics and dance classes with awesome performances...pics to follow.  We finally bought and moved in to a new house, which we are loving.  We did a little vacationing and then spent the remainder of the summer getting settled into our new home.  Now, Jeff is back to school and Addy will start preschool next week, which she is totally excited about!  Carly and mommy are looking forward to some quality bonding time as well. 

That's the short version...now for the longer version...with pictures! 

Here are some pics of us on Mother's day...

 

If you look closely, my mom is trying to put a bow in Carly's hair.  I'm not sure who was distracting who, but we got the bow in her hair, and I was able to get her to stand still for a picture, two things that never even happen individually.  Score! 

Here are some pics of the girls in early May.  They are some of my favorites!



This is Carly's first ride on the tire swing Papa put up for the girls.  Do you think she enjoyed it.  I must say, I was crazy nervous for her to get on it.  The girls obviously had to take turns riding it.  They would each literally stand next to me and cry while the other was riding until it was there turn.  Then they would trade...

And, of course, they still love the jeep...



I think??? this is the first documented picture we have of Carly wearing her swimmies.  (Back in the fall, she wasn't even walking...she would just crawl down into the lake, over her head.  This was not fun for me...)  This spring, we put her swimmies on and she thoroughly enjoys the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment